Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home!

It feels good to say that we are home. Right now i'm hearing the sounds of Matt cleaning up and arranging his office, mixed with the sounds of Mira attacking the squeaker in her toy. It feels great. Having a puppy makes things more difficult, yet entertaining. She loves to cuddle and snuggle close to you, and she also goes a little crazy and does laps around the apartment which is a lot of fun to observe.

My husband has been a huge help during the move and all the transitioning. He's been really encouraging and willing to rummage through boxes for me.. its really great to hear him say, "How can you have another box of kitchen stuff?". Oh, I need 2 kitchens for all the wonderful things I was blessed with at our wedding, and the "small" things I collected along the way.
He only complains when packing and unpacking, not when I cook with it all.

My prayer for the coming weeks is that Matt and I grow in both obedience and patience. I would love to see both of us working towards progress in these areas and fully seeking more surrender. It will take some time and a lot of grace with one another, but Christ is far more valuable than my comfort or my own time. Even in knowing Christ I use my time in such selfish ways when I'm not broken and seeking to fight sin more.

Fight well, and love like Christ.

Shannon

No comments: