Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Apple Juice and walking shoes.

I want to start by saying that I really wish North Carolina made it easier for people to walk around. Even if there are sidewalks in the downtown areas, people don't usually yield to pedestrians/bikes which is dangerous..and it gets worse as you get further away from downtown. I enjoy being able to walk to a coffee shop/grocery store/bookstore, whatever. That's probably my favorite thing about Boulder..that and the stunning mountains here at the Flatirons. If only they made sweet tea... We did have Beau Jo's pizza last night, and I must admit that Colorado style pizza might be my favorite. I mean, the pizza is great (and served by slice or pounds..haha!) but then you get a honey-bear to put honey on the crust as a built in dessert. I was hooked.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love North Carolina. I just wish I could mesh them together and have some of both. If we ever settled here I would miss grits and collards, eastern NC barbecue, and being at the beach any weekend we want. Plus, we have family o close, and a church that continues to push me to treasure Christ more, and my sin less.

Its days like today that I want to make a "fresh start" and do things differently. But then I get overwhelmed and end up like before. So I think the best thing to do is see what need change and work on what I can..dedicate myself to one or two things at a time. Number one being prayer and quiet time. After that, my heart will be better able to take hold of other changes. The grace of God is powerful and I don't ever want to take it for granted. He gave me new mercies this morning to face this day and be obedient. I want to follow His Words and love more. I want to put aside the selfish tendencies in my heart and allow His fullness to guide me. My heart is still sick and hurting. I will never be out of need for Grace nor exhaust it.

Hos 14:9 Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; whoever is discerning, let him know them; for the ways of the LORD are right, and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them.

No comments: